Writers’ Groups exist to help and motivate writers with their work, and as such I’ve provided a code of conduct for members to adhere to, to ensure a pleasant and productive environment for all members.
- If you comment on someone’s work, please give a reason for the comment and, where appropriate, a solution to the problem.
- Members must respect their fellow writers and remember that every piece of submitted work is worthy, as time has been taken over it.
- Opinions are just that, opinions. Members do not have to listen to any advice given. It’s your work and ultimately your decision as to what to do with it.
- Treat others as you would be treated.
- Try to attend as many meetings as you can. All our lives are busy, but committing to your writing is necessary to move you along your journey to publication.
- Do not share others’ work with anyone outside of the group. Each piece of work submitted remains the copyright of its original author.
- Creative Minds is a safe place. There is no bullying or harassment of any kind either on group time or outside it between members. Any member found doing this will be asked to leave immediately.
- Any adult material being submitted must be highlighted at such at the time of submission.
- Don’t expect help with your work, if you do not help others.
- The adult meetings of Creative Minds meet at a public house, so members attending must be over 18 years of age.